Thursday, January 05, 2006

Japanese music

As for Japanese music, I kinda like the group Southern All Stars. You can hear their latest hit Rock 'n Roll Superman. They have other hits like 愛と欲望の日々, BOHBO No.5, Tsunami, Love Affair, Manatsu no Kajitsu, etc.

The newest album "Killer Street" is the first album from Southern All Stars in seven years, which contains 30 songs in this 2 CDs set. The music set also comes with a bonus DVD. Check it out!



I am also a fan of John Kaizan Neptune, who plays zen-like music from a shakuhachi (a Japanese bamboo flute). I went to his concert in KL few years ago and had been mesmerised by the sounds of shakuhachi. When I was a teenager, I played the B flat flute as well as the concert flute in the Boys' Brigade band so shakuhachi is familiar sound for me. As reported in Neptune's website, a shakuhachi cost about USD3,000!!! His website has some sample music.

I really wish to own a shakuhachi and play it all day but I think I'll only have time to do that when I retire!!!

Wait! Let me grow a beard like Neptune!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home