Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My bicycle

Bicycle is a popular mode of transportation in Japan. Almost every home has one or a few. We have 4, one each for me, wife, daughter and mother-in-law! Pictured here is my personal one parked in its proper "private driveway". Looks kinda old fashion bike, huh?



After living here for 9 months, I must say that I am more fit than in KL as I cycle everyday to the train station or go for groceries, etc. Pictured here is my bicycle parked at the train station, er... where is my bicycle??? I need remote control! Beep beep!


3 Comments:

At 11/1/06 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you bike too. Good to know. A friend of mine (who bikes with me to work) told me of his visit to Japan last year ... that almost all the bikes have a basket in front. From your picture, indeed it does! I have not come across bikes with baskets here. Vancouver is a popular place for mountain bike because of the many trails in and outside the city. He he he ... must be hard attacking the hills without derailers!

Ben

 
At 11/1/06 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, one other comment ... must be hard to find your bike in the large area. I don't see locks, how do you secure your bikes? Here in Vancouver, somethime we take our wheels out and lock both wheels and frame together or just lock the frame and take the wheel along! :-)

Ben

 
At 12/1/06 12:37 AM, Blogger JYap said...

Ha ... I didn't realise about almost all bikes in Japan have basket until you said it. Hmm ... I usually put my backpack or groceries in the basket. At the back is the child seat where my daughter will ride when I pick her up from school. The lock is in the front wheel's left side; when locked it stops the spoke from turning. It's hilly in my area too but I have seen some people riding the electric-powered bike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home