Chinatown
After talking about Chinatown in my last post, I decided to make a trip there today just to check out the atmosphere. It was not as bustling as I thought it would be. I took me one and half hours to reach there from my home.
Chinatown in Yokohama is one of the biggest Chinatowns in the world with more than 500 restaurants and grocery stores. Why, it even have an official website (but in Japanese).
As I observed, most of the shops sell almost the same thing - "pau" and roasted chestnuts everywhere and all kinds of foodstuff from China! And the restaurants also serve same kind of food - szechuan style. I tried the "pau" and "chung" (triangle-shaped glutinuous rice wrapped in leave) but it is not as tasty as the ones in KL. Now I miss KL food!!!






2 Comments:
Very nice pictues. Do the people there speak chinese? What is the predominant dialect?
The pau's look very big. Certainly looks bigger than the ones in Malaysia.
Yes, most of them speak Mandarin. I did not hear any Cantonese or other dialects.
The pau is similar in size to Malaysia's tai pau but cost RM10 per piece.
Post a Comment
<< Home