Sunday, January 29, 2006

First day of CNY

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!



This year I am spending my Chinese New Year away from Malaysia. And I had to work today!

So this evening I went to the Chinese restaurant for supper and to wish Happy Chinese New Year to the owner who is from Guangzhou. I just had to do something Chinese today. And speak Cantonese to the owner too. Actually I spoke mostly to his wife as he was busy cooking. hehehe. Hope he doesn't get jealous and put something extra into my dish.

I had a "char siew pau" and fried noodles.



3 Comments:

At 30/1/06 7:55 AM, Blogger Bloody Caesar said...

Happy Chinese New Year, jyap! When does Japanese celebrate their new year? Do they follow the chinese lunar calendar?

 
At 30/1/06 10:55 AM, Blogger JYap said...

Japanese New Year - 1 Jan
http://www.gate39.com/jreference/oshogatsu.aspx

Japan follows the Gregorian calendar. A parallel numbering system for years according to the reigns of current emperors is also used. For example, this year is Heisei 18.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2272.html

 
At 10/2/06 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Johny. Great blog. Real nice reminder of life in Japan and a nice insight into the daily bits-n-pieces. Take care.
Juna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home