Monday, February 20, 2006

Movies

I have a new pastime - watching movies alone! The last one month I have watched 4 movies in the cineplex - Memoirs of A Geisha, The Legend of Zorro, Flightplan, Promise. And all by myself. I have never watched alone in KL. I dreaded watching alone previously. Now I could do it ... and so do many Japanese people, they watched without any companion. ????

The cost of a movie is 1,800yen (RM60). I wonder why the Japanese people stay till all the movie credits have been shown before leaving the cineplex. They really stay put in their seats till the curtains came down and the lights switched on. Perhaps, they are just being polite. And somehow, everyone seems to think and do alike. ????

2 Comments:

At 21/2/06 12:23 PM, Blogger Bloody Caesar said...

That is expensive. Gosh! RM60=C$20 here. The movies in Canada costs about $10 (RM30) and I thought that it was already expensive. So, we don't normally go out for movies because the entire family will easily cost $50-$60 in all. Did you enjoy Geisha? Suanne loved the movie a lot.

 
At 22/2/06 12:39 AM, Blogger JYap said...

Average cost of most things in Japan are about 4 times more than in Malaysia. Japanese average income is about 4 to 6 times more than in Malaysia. So compare cost to income, movies in Japan aren't that expensive.

Movies in KL now cost RM10. Yes, I enjoyed Geisha but I would rank Zorro, Flightplan and Promise higher than Geisha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home