Saturday, March 18, 2006

KL

Yes, I went back to KL for 2 weeks break after 1 year stay in Japan. And I got culture shock! hahaha ... also food shock!


This nasi lemak (and teh tarik) at the KLIA cost me RM18.40!!! Shock!






After arriving into KLIA, I rented a car (Proton Wira) for moving around. On the way to my nephew's house, the car stopped at Glenmarie area! It seems that the gear box was condemned! So I had to called the car rental company to send a replacement car! I waited like 1 hour! Shock!

Encounter with road bully - on my way to Klang for bak kut teh, I hesitated on a turning and the 4WD behind must had been frustrated by me. He flashed at me, then swerved in front of me and tried to push my car aside. Then, I slowed down .... and he also slowed down ... waiting for me to go past him so that he could do funny tricks again. So I had to go slower 50 metres behind him for about 1 km before he got frustrated and sped away. Shock!

Other than those not so pleasant happenings, I had a wonderful time in KL. I had a busy schedule running around. I had to renew my passport, attend real estate seminar, banking, former office matters, former clients matters, meeting friends, and .... searching for delicious food! Something I long for and could not eat in Japan, like char kueh teow (haha... I miss my CKT partner Von), hokkien mee, bak kut teh (thanks for the treat, BKT partner Jen), chee cheong fun, porridge, chicken rice, laksa, nasi lemak, satay, roti canai, rojak, etc I had them all. Have to thank my nephew Mark for such wondrous food treats and hospitality at his house.

I also visited my newly built apartment which I sold before completion and never knew how the view was like, although I imagined that I had a Twin Tower view. Voila!!!

1 Comments:

At 3/5/06 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great to see you back in action!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home